About Reena Ahluwalia Paintings
"For me diamonds are truly poetic, magical and majestic. In my paintings, diamonds are much more than just specimens, they are part of a larger story, always metaphoric and symbolic." -- Reena Ahluwalia
Exploring their hypnotic depths, Reena paints highly nuanced, hyperrealistic diamonds with ultra-magnified facets. In Reena's paintings diamonds have stories and soul. Incredibly detailed, her paintings are large, mesmerizing and powerful.
The provenance of Reena's paintings is connected to her lifelong work as a celebrated jewelry artist. She sees diamonds as metaphors and reflection of human attributes; bright, brilliant, luminous, radiant and much more. With her art residing in the collection of distinguished collectors worldwide, Reena has dedicated her entire life in celebrating diamonds through her paintings and jewelry creations. One of her paintings was featured on the cover of the prestigious 'World Diamond Magazine'. She showcases her paintings in select few exhibits, most recently at the prestigious Art Miami Fair. Reena's artwork benefits Jewelers For Children (JFC) charity, to help children who are the victim of catastrophic illness or life-threatening abuse and neglect.
SELECT PAINTING EXHIBITIONS
- Whitefield Art Collective, VR Bengaluru, India. Feb. 24 - March 24, 2017.
- Legendary C. Krishniah Chetty & Sons present, 'DIAMONDS' - An exhibition of rare collectible diamond paintings by Reena Ahluwalia in Bangalore, India. Feb. 17 - March 30, 2017.
- Painting exhibition at the Hong Kong Jewellery & Gem Fair. September 15-19, 2016. Hong Kong Convention and Exhibition Centre.
- Exhibition | August 23 - November 4, 2016. KARA ROSS, New York. USA
- Solo Exhibition | DIAMONDS | August 7 - 9 2016. Canadian Jewellery Expos Gallery (CJ Expos), Toronto. Canada
- Solo Exhibition | DIAMOND Privé | June 2016. Artscape, Toronto. Canada
- Exhibition | ART MIAMI FAIR | December 1 - 6, 2015. Miami, USA
- Solo Exhibition | DIAMOND PORTAL SERIES | August 30 - October 30, 2015 | Fringe Gallery, Toronto. Canada